Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pushing Daisies countdown

Four more episode till the end of Pushing Daisies. I have to say that I'm feeling very conflicted about it. On one hand, the end of the show marks the end of one of TV's best cleverly well written show and the loss of well acted, perfectly casted characters like Ned, Olive, Emerson, etc. Even the smallest guest roles in the show are always above par. On the other though, I am loving Lee Pace a lot right now and I would really like to see him doing a variety of other roles. To get an ending to Chuck and Ned's love story would also be a welcome, while at the same time I was hoping that if they had more time they could give Olive a chance with Ned, something I definitely won't get in the last four episode.

The fact that I want the girl that's obviously not getting the guy is something I realized comes up often. What is it that makes women attracted to unattainable men? I have seen a LOT of TV and films and have read a considerable amount of dark fantasy romances. Most of them are just a variation of the same formula, the classic "Pride and Prejudice" one. The difference between those stories and real life of course is the girl does eventually get the guy, no matter what stupid things they do or how many personality flaws they have to overcome. Are they just projecting what really is a 'turn on' for women or are we so affected by them that in real life we are drawn to difficult, unavailable men because we think that eventually somehow he'll be ours? 

No wonder why men don't understand women, I think we barely understand ourselves.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I definitely don't get myself, so... of course they're confused!

Welcome back to the bloggosphere!