Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A season of Chucks (spoiler alert)

This season I realized that there are at least three shows on air that have a character called Chuck in it. I say at least because there are billions of TV shows out there and I can't possibly know how many have Chucks in them. Anyway, the three are of course: Chuck as in the show Chuck, Chuck as in Charlotte in Pushing Daisies and Chuck as in Charles Bass from Gossip Girl.

All that was basically so I could segue into a gushing blog post over how great the latest episode of Gossip Girl was! It was an especially great episode because my favorite characters are Chuck and Blair and in this one they had good stuff to work with. Chuck's dad dying was definitely a breaking point for the poor lonely orphan, puts-up-a-jerky-front-as-defense-mechanism, boy. With his dad, who never gave him any of the confirmation and approval all kids need, dead and no one to turn to, he has a lot of issues to deal with.

Of course he does have his friends, although Serena doesn't count anymore cause she's such a selfish bitch sometimes, and Blair, who finally said she loved him out loud! It was a heartbreaking scene when Chuck didn't say it back, but we all know he does. When he finally comes to her and lets her comfort him, it was so touching, almost too raw and honest for what you usually expect from a "teen" show. I say "teen" cause I don't really see them as high school kids, it's just too weird.

Speaking of Blair, her scenes with her mom and step-dad were also really sweet. I do think I might have a girl crush on Leighton Meester, she's purrty ;-)

On top of all the Chuck and Blair stuff there was a secret dying, no pun intended, to be revealed all throughout the episode about the reason why Lily was admitted to a hospital in France and we finally heard it!!! Well sort of...


spoiler alert


[Edit]
Rufus met up with Lily at the grand central, came up to her and asked something to this effect "...was it a boy or a girl?"
WTF right?! it was pretty awesome, somewhat expected because Rufus was really upset after CeeCee talked to him and I thought well this has got to do with a baby, specifically Rufus and Lily's baby. I just thought it was aborted though,cause they wouldn't know if it's a boy or a girl then right? and Lily wouldn't have had to stay away that long which it seems that she did so that means she gave the baby away right? anyhow there might be a half-sibling showing up soon, 'citing!


I don't care what anyone says, when I love something girly I dedicate myself to it. You haven't seen me talk Twilight yet, then you'll know for sure.

No comments: